8.3.13

Why Should We Make Ourselves Uncomfortable?

Yes It's super Saturday, that must mean it's time for a super challenge don't you think?

Today is about pushing our comfort zones and creating growth through action, How long has it been since we have purposely chosen to put ourself's in a situation that we didn't want to be in because it would make us feel unconformable? If it's been awhile it's ok,



Peter's Quote "Action conquers fear" is one of my favourites,

If we fear being unconformable, I'm not saying we do but if that was the case, all we have to-do to overcome this is create some action. It will be ok don't worry and the best bit is after you've completed today's challenge you'll be left asking yourself f why didn't I do that sooner, add in the endorphins, serotonin and even that butterfly in the stomach feeling and you'll be left feeling alive and ready for more.

I'll share a story to give a prime example of what I mean.

I Set a goal to attend a social event alone, I choose this goal because I have been labelled shy in the past, although I personally prefer the term socially reserved. I knew this would be highly unconformably but it had to be done to overcome my challenge of being "socially reserved".
Part of my goal was to look the part so I went shopping for my very first tuxedo, that was great fun trying them all on and going into all the different shops but the best was yet to come.

Fast forward to the night of the event.

I had just finished work for the day and it would take me an hour to drive home, I was highly nervous but excited all at the same time. I wasn't sure if I was going to follow through on my plan or just do a no show. After getting home I went through the motions of getting ready, Still feeling nervous and not sure if I actually really wanted to go I called the taxi anyway..

Half an hour latter I arrived at the venue, I was somewhat late but that didn't matter, the car park was almost full and I knew that inside there would be a vast amount of people. There I was the shy guy thinking to myself "oh no here we go again". I entered the lobby where I was greeted gracefully and shown the way to the hall. Walking through the door I could see people everywhere and I knew no one. What had I gotten myself into?

Lucky for me there was a bar so I made that my first stop, Not long after ordering my drink I found an Opportunity to introduce myself of which I did . Things were going great that was until we were seated, I found myself on a table with seven lady's who all knew each other but I knew not one of them. Imagine yourself sitting there how might you feel?

 I was unconformable to say the least, as dinner progressed and the conversation begain to flow I was left feeling less and less unconformable and more relaxed and excited of what I had actually achieved. Alas the night finally came to end and it was time to say our good bys, I thanked my company and also the host before I parted. I don't think I'll ever forget that night well at least not for a very long time.


Now that might have been a bit long winded but I believe it's always best to give example and share our experiences to help others grow and accomplish great things as well.



You'll find that over time the more we push our boundaries, our obstetrical's and challenges that life presents us with will change their dynamic and present themselves as a new way to learn, grow. They will become small stepping stones on the way to becoming successful.


So taking us back to the big question what are we going to achieve today? Whatever it is we plan on doing I know it's going to be great. 


Feel free to post in the comments below of any past experience where you have pushed your boundaries or just even what you goal for today is,

Thank you for coming and participating in today's discussion.   

Have a super sensational day 

Would you like to return to the Main Blog   




No comments:

Post a Comment